FAQ´s BMZ Energy Storage & Online-Shop
You need help and you are searching for information?
1. Which inverters are the BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X energy storage systems compatible with?
Answer: ESS 7.0/9.0/X are compatible with the following inverters:
- SMA Solar: Sunny Island 3.0M/4.4M/6.0H/8.0H
- Victron Energy: Multiplus, Multigrid, Quattro, Easysolar ( 48V)
- Delios: DLS 600/DLS 450/DLS300/DLS C
2. May I extend or shorten the cables of the BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X energy storage devices?
Answer: No. ESS 7.0/9.0/X comes with 2m DC connection cables. These cables must not be changed. If several energy storage devices or several inverters are connected in parallel, a bat-breaker box must be used (see operating instructions).
3. Why isn’t the entire nominal capacity of the energy storage of BMZ ESS 7.0/9.0/X usable for the operator?
Answer: BMZ has installed capacity reserves to protect the battery from overvoltage and undervoltage and to ensure the long life of the battery system. This is a quality feature of the BMZ energy storage devices.
4. How often can I charge/discharge the ESS system? How many charging cycles does BMZ guarantee? What is the product’s lifetime?
Answer: BMZ guarantees 5000 charging/discharging cycles and a product lifetime of up to 20 years. Partial cycles are added up to full cycles.
5. How does BMZ’s ESS differ from competitors’ devices?
Answer: It is one of the most powerful battery systems on the market which can be flexibly expanded.
6. Are there subsidies that I can apply for? Where do I apply?
Answer: Yes. Ask your banking institution about KfW-Programme 275 subsidies for energy storage systems.
7. Which warranties does BMZ provide?
Answer: You receive 2 years legal warranty on your storage system and a 10 year market value replacement warranty on cycle stability (5000) and guaranteed residual capacity of at least 60%.
8. What is the power output and capacity of BMZ’s ESS storage systems?
Answer: Each module is capable of 16kWh. Up to 12 modules can be clustered for a total output of 102kWh.
9. How much do I pay for a one stored kWh in relation to my purchase price?
Answer: One stored kWh is less than 25 cents.
10. Can I extend my battery capacity even after years?
Answer: BMZ recommends to expand within one year.
11. Can the system be used as stand-alone and/or a back-up (emergency power system)?
Answer: Yes, with the respective converter.
12. Is the ESS system suitable for both, new and existing systems?
Answer: The system can be integrated into both, existing and new installations.
13. How complex is the installation?
Answer: Depending on the system version, installation will take only a few hours (DC/AC).
14. What happens to the battery at the end of use?
Answer: The battery needs to be recycled.
15. Is the ESS battery technology safe?
Answer: BMZ ESS systems are protected by multiple safety levels for maximum safety.
16. Is the ESS battery system "smart home ready"?
Answer: Yes, the system is ready and offers all possibilities via CAN-communication.
17. What happens in case of a complaint or service case?
Answer: BMZ will assist you with its own service network. Central Service is one of Europe's largest service centers for battery systems. If you have any questions about our service or a complaint, you can contact us any time via e-mail: email@example.com
Answer: No, unfortunately this is not possible.
32. How does the order process work?
Answer: In our ESS shop you can choose from a wide range of products. To place an order, you have to go through the following steps:
Choose a product
Answer: After your registration in our ESS shop and after you have chosen the product of your choice click on the button "Add to cart". Now you have put the product into the shopping cart without obligation. You can access the shopping cart at any time by clicking on the shopping cart symbol in the top right-hand corner of the screen. All the products in your shopping cart will be listed and you can remove products from your list or change the quantity by clicking on "Empty cart". If you have a voucher, you can redeem it under "Enter voucher code".
Place an order
Answer: Please tap on the field "Checkout" and enter your billing and delivery address in the mask and then click on the button "Continue". In the next step, the shipping method is displayed, i.e. how the goods will be sent to you. Here please click on "Next" again.
Summary of your order
Answer: By clicking on the field "Further information" you have the possibility to inform us about preferred delivery times or similar. We try to consider your wishes according to our possibilities. Please check your order again and click on "Place order" to complete your order.
Confirmation of your order
Answer: You will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt by e-mail after your order for your information, a separate order confirmation in which the information of your order is listed again.
33. I do not live in Germany, can I still order from the ESS shop?
Answer: Yes, we deliver not only to Germany but also to all EU countries and Switzerland. Please note that the delivery costs per country may differ. You can find a list of delivery costs and other fees here:https://b2b.bmz-group.com/en/information/versandkosten
34. Where can I enter my voucher code?
Answer: In the shopping cart, you will find a field in the lower left corner marked "Enter voucher code". There you can enter and confirm the corresponding code. For technical reasons it is unfortunately not possible to redeem a voucher after an order has already been sent.
Please note that only 1 voucher can be redeemed per order.
35. Where can I find my order?
Answer: You can find your orders under "My Account - Order History".
36. Can I also make larger orders? Example 200 pieces per article?
Answer: Yes, this is possible.
37. Is it possible to get a tracking number from you?
38. Is it possible to pick up the ordered goods yourself?
Answer: Unfortunately it is not possible to collect the ordered goods yourself.
39. Is my personal data safe?
Answer: The security of our customers' personal data is our top priority. For this reason we guarantee that all transactions through the BMZ B2B ESS shop are protected by SSL encryption technology. By using this technology, the order information is sent encrypted to protect it from unauthorized access. All common browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari) support SSL.